Kim’s early career in manufacturing and distribution was the preparation she needed for the automotive aftermarket. She is currently Owner/CEO of Magnuson Superchargers running daily operations. A warrior for the automotive aftermarket industry, Kim’s wish is to protect our performance rights, keep members informed of current and future trends and to attract a new young market to SEMA. Kim has also played a significant role in her community. She co-founded a NYC school for children on the autistic spectrum. She was selected in 1997 as one of 20 of the highest potential leaders in the United Sates to become the first class of Henry Crown Fellows. The fellowship is a lifelong program of bringing integrity, philanthropy and a strong moral compass to our business and our lives. She has served on 9 boards including Magnuson Superchargers, Arrington Engines, Client Distribution Services (former division of Random House), National Art Museum of Sport, Learning Spring Elementary School (for children on the autistic spectrum), Client Distribution Services (former subsidiary of Random House), Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council, Waters Global Forum, and Roton Point Sailing Association.
Specific career accomplishments include
· Kim’s SEMA experience includes
- SBN, 2017 Chair, Task
Force for Person of the Year
- Member, SEMA PAC Board (Political Action Committee)
- Speaker for SEMA education program
- 2018, Chair Scholarship Committee
- 2018 SEMA’s SBN Athena Woman of the Year
· Two Quality Awards from Toyota (Magnuson Superchargers).
· Led company with responsibility for Sprint Cup engine R&D for an OEM.
· Led the introduction of the best-known Dodge/Hemi aftermarket website in the world.
· Led Magnuson Superchargers to IATF (Tier 1) Quality certification for 7 years running.
· Speaker and section head for CSCMP Annual Conference (Supply Chain Trade Organization servicing $3.4 trillion industry)
· Published in Indiana University Business Journal.
· Bought distribution warehouse from Random House and built revenues to $70 million in eight months.
· Worked in Strategy for AT&T for 7 years. Worked for head of AT&T strategy to develop their consumer marketing strategy.
· 1997 inaugural class of Henry Crown Fellows (leadership).
Kim Pendergast is most often characterized as a serial entrepreneur, but she is also a warrior for our industry. She has the ability to be a strong independent thinker and a team player. Kim Pendergast received an MBA/BS from Indiana University with honors. She lives in CT with her husband.